The Importance of Having a Radon Gas Detector
In case you don’t know what “Radon” is, it is a radioactive gas that’s generated through the breakdown of uranium inside the earth. It can cause serious health issues such as lung cancer. That’s why having a radon detector is important for every home.
Radon is a radioactive gas that’s colorless, odorless, and undetectable by humans. That’s why radon detection devices are made so we can easily spot where this type of gas is most prominent inside our home.
How Important is a Radon Test?
- Radon is found most especially in the US. In fact, over 50 states in the US alone is filled with radon gas. That’s why having a radon test is very important to keep the air inside your home clean and radon-free. Radon is more prominent in the Northern, Midwestern, and Southwestern states. However, it can spread to other areas too depending on where your home is located.
- As stated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), at least 1 out of 15 homes in the US have high radon gas levels and the importance of having a radon test is definitely a must. The worst part about this is that exposing yourself to radon air for too long increases your risk of getting lung cancer.
Testing Your Home for Radon
- Since radon is not easily detected by our eyes and smell alone, a radon detector is a must. However, the EPA suggested that in order to get the best results as possible, choosing the right radon detection tool is important. The products listed below are just a few that meets or exceed such criteria.
- Corentium Home by Airthings – This radon detector is user-friendly and easy to use. It can measure daily, weekly, or even monthly radon concentrations that reside in your home.
- Safety Siren Radon Detector – This one monitors the air consistently and offers real-time data of radon levels. Once radon levels reached its high point, the siren produces a loud warning sound that alerts everyone inside the house.
- The Wave – This detector is Bluetooth enabled, and delivers real-time results directly into your smartphone.
Keeping the Whole Family Safe
- Let’s not forget to take care of our health since it is the only thing that keeps us alive. Radon detectors are just as important as smoke detectors and it’s essential to have one in your home to keep everyone away from harm. If ever your home has reached high radon levels, maybe it’s time to move into a new one where radon gas is less prominent.